Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Want to walk a mile in MY shoes?

I am not the most girly person in the world, I'll be the first to admit that.  I'm totally ok with it too, but there is one thing that I LOVE that is kinda girly...shoes.  I really like shoes.  Late last fall, Lucas and I went shopping and I found some really amazing Kenneth Cole flip-flops for like $4! 
Aren't they totally cute?
Anyway, yesterday was the first day above 60 degrees so I was really excited about finally getting to wear my really awesome flip-flops!  However, my feet were NOT happy with me!

Don't get me wrong, the foot-bed of these flops are super comfortable, but I don't know if it's because my feet have been hidden inside of shoes since November, but the pretty flowery straps caused super huge bruises on the tops of my feet.  I've heard the saying, "Pain is the Price of Beauty," plus, they are Kenneth Cole...which means that yes...they were designed by a man...need I say more!  Anyway, I told myself, "Suck it up Katie.  Everyone LOVES your shoes, keep wearing them! It'll get better."  Well, it didn't. 

By the time I got home from my day of work at around 7:30, I could hardly walk from my car to the house without tears in my eyes.  I kicked off my shoes, sat down on the couch and watched Modern Family with my husband.  I showed him my feet and he couldn't believe it either.

Well, now what?  I still think these shoes are awesome, but they hurt my feet so much! I wore my super comfortable flops today to give my feet a break, but I think like everything else, what hurts me only makes me stronger, right?  I'll give them another chance in a couple weeks.  I realized I'm really mean to my feet.  Years of running (often times without socks...stupid, I know) have taken their toll that's for sure.  When my feet are unhappy, I'm unhappy, so why do I do this?  It might be like the age-old question, "How many licks does it take to get to the tootie-roll center of a tootsie pop?"




The World May Never Know!

What about you?  Have you ever worn shoes that hurt your feet just because they were cute, or anything like that?

1 comment:

  1. Of course I have worn shoes like that! You know my black lacy flats that I wear all the time? I got them brand new at a garage sale for $1 and it took 3 months to wear them in. And in those three months, my feet hurt, got bruised, and bled, a lot. But now they are one of my most comfy pairs of shoes! So, take heart Katie, and keep wearing your cute shoes! ;)

    ReplyDelete