Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daydream Believer

I love daydreaming.  It's probably one of my favorite past-times.  I think it happens the most while either in the car or on a jog.  I'll think about anything and everything; things I think would be fun to do, places I'd like to see, movies I'd love to produce and talk shows I'd love to be interviewed on about the movies I'd love to make.  While some think that this is a strange thing to do, it's really quite normal for me to be talking to myself in the car...I always wear my bluetooth headset so I don't look COMPLETELY crazy.  So I guess this is my theme song???



I think that dreaming is a gift that God truly gives us.  Without dreaming movements like Campus Crusade for Christ, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and even that church that made the movie Facing the Giants, wouldn't have reached the world in the way that they have.  I've been thinking a lot about this because of a book one of my friends suggested I read.  It's called: The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson.


It's a great book about a guy named Ordinary from the land of Familiar; yeah, it's a parable and a story.  The book is about the journey that Ordinary goes on to leave Familiar and go out in the world to pursue his Big Dream given to him by The Dream Giver (God).  It talks about the people trying to keep him where its safe, times of doubt, giants that he must face and fight, and the work of faith through it all. 

This book really, truly touched how I look at aspects of life and the trials I may face while working toward my dreams.  While there were parts that I may not have fully agreed with (if you want to know what those are, just ask), overall I loved this book and would recommend.  It was a super quick read (I'm a slow reader and read it in only a couple days) and well worth it!

I read this book because it was a recommendation from a friend... 
How about you? Do you have any books you think I should read?

No comments:

Post a Comment