Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

How Strong Are YOU?

If you're on my email list, you might remember that I said that I wanted to start using my blog more, and sharing what I've been learning.  Well, this is the first post of that nature; we shall see how this goes.

If you knew me 3 months ago and asked me what the last book I read was, I would have replied, "Imaginary Jesus, by Matt Mikalatos, and before that, who knows!"  Well, now that answer would be, "I've read 4 books in the past month!"  I mean, I don't know what has happened, but I used to hate reading books, more than anything, but now I am starting to enjoy it. 

This is the cover of the book...in case you were wondering.
When I started work with Cru we took this "test" type thing to see what our strengths are.  It's called Strengths Finder 2.0 (pretty fancy huh?).  When you buy the book and take the online test, it tells you a little bit about what it thinks your strengths are, and I would say that mine are pretty right on...here are my top 5:

(1) Belief
(2) Learner
(3) Responsibility
(4) Harmony
(5) Developer

Over the next week or so I think I want to take a look at each of these strengths more closely to see how they actually play out in my work, relationships, and free time (because I think they do). 

I'd love for you to share your thoughts about how you see these strengths play out in how WE interact with each other, I think that might be fun.

But you might be saying, what does this have to do with reading books....Well, first of all, one of those four book I read in the past month was NOT Strengths Finder 2.0, BUT I think this past month my Learner strength has been showing itself in my desire to learn more through reading.

Well, there you go, we'll see how this goes.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment