Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year I sure do have a lot to be thankful for.  I've got a wonderful husband who loves me very much, an awesome family who is behind me, and some of the most amazing friends you could ever ask for.  I think we often think about these types of things around Thanksgiving time, but do we take the time to be thankful for more than just those things?  What about the fact that I have a roof over my head, the fact that Lucas and I can afford to eat dinner every night, that we can have a dog, or even that we have jobs.  Sometimes, I think that we're thankful for the things that we feel we don't have control over in out lives, like family, friends, etc., those things that seem to have "just happened," but things like food and shelter...well, don't WE work to get that, so why be thankful? 

I was thinking about that this year.  This is my first Thanksgiving being on my ownish...that is not under my parents roof/support.  I haven't really had to think about where my next meal is going to come from or how much I spend on those mini marshmallows for the candied yams.  I realized that I'm constantly thinking how I wish I had more money to do this, or to do that, or get this or get that...and on Thanksgiving I really wasn't that thankful. I need to remind myself that I didn't do anything to have the funds I have, I wouldn't have the house I have, or the food I have without the Lord providing it for me.  That is why I need to be reminded to be Thankful everyday for the funds the LORD has provided for me to live where I do, eat the food that I want, and even have my dog. 

Overall, this Thanksgiving was pretty good.  I'm Super Thankful for all of my supporters who have helped me in my mission to reach the Greater Northwest. 

This week is going to be a VERY busy one, this and the next three.  We've got a lot of work to do to get ready for Cru Conference, but I'm thankful that I got a new computer to help in that, now if I can just get to work on making some movies! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment